Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I inherited two pieces of china from my mom when she passed

Customer Question

I inherited two pieces of china from my mom when she passed away in 2009. One is a small plate like for a coffee cup and the other is a small "shaped" cup with no handle.
The scene on both the plate and the cup are of the Jennings, Louisiana oil field in1907. Below the scene it says JENNINGS OIL FIELD 1907
On the bottom of each it says
WHEELOCK
MADE IN GERMANY FOR
______________________
MORSE HARDWARE CO.,
JENNINGS AND WELSH, LA.
______________________
WEIMAR .
I have pictures I can send to you if you like.
My email address is xxxxxxxxxxx
My cell is xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
This is a great porcelain souvenir piece from the early 20th century that was made in Germany for export to the US and has a color transferprint image of oil derricks from Jennings Oil Field in Louisiana.
On today's market this can easily garner $100 - $200 at auction. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $300.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora