rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

If it's not worth anything, I don't want to pay $38.00. Can

Customer Question

If it's not worth anything, I don't want to pay $38.00. Can you give me any approximate idea?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email***@******.***
~Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know what it is that you have. You can add photos by using the paper clip icon in the text box where you write back to me. This feature works best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture a friend left for me when she passed away many years ago. I just wanted to know if it was worth anything.It's signed and dated Bob White '67. So I know it's not an antique.
Thank you
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a piece by Francis ***** ***** of Iowa. He passed away in 1986. He studied in France and Italy in the 1920's. He had initially started a career as a glass artist at the Whitney Studio Gallery. Later the Whitney Museum commissioned a window for their collection from the artist. White also studied at the Stone City Art Colony and School in 1932. Bob White also created the windows for the First Presbyterian Church in Mason City, Iowa. His works are held at the MacNider Museum in Mason City. Well exhibited (AIC, Corcoran Gallery, Kansas City Art Institute, PAFA, Whitney, etc.), listed, and collected. This piece that you have actually is worth something. I can value your piece at 800 to 1000.00.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how I could go about trying to sell it?
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest consigning it to an art auction house. That is where it would get the best results.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please do click the stars to rate me if we are done with this question. I thank you so much. If you would like to use me again, putCustomeras the first word in a new question.