Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a 2 gallon western jug in Excellent condition. The brown

Customer Question

I have a 2 gallon western jug in Excellent condition. The brown part is like a leaf texture in appearance. How old and value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the maker mark on front of the jug.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Angie~
Thank you for the image and for your patience.
Your Western Pottery Company 2 gallon jug with mold shaped top portion dates to circa 1910 - 1920. On today’s market, this sells for an average high of $150 - $170.
Here is a link for you to a comparable jug that sold for $155:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-monmouth-western-stoneware-co-1694641342
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Angie,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

If you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here, I would really appreciate it.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora