rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a wooden box from the 1930s that ladies nylon stockings

Customer Question

I have a wooden box from the 1930s that ladies nylon stockings came in. On the back of the box it is stamped 2 pairs ladies silk hose size 9-1/2. The front of box and inside have pictures on them that looks like wood burning, but they are very pretty pictures. I was wondering if this is worth anything.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
Women liked silk stockings, but they were easily torn, so in the late 1930s scientists at the DuPont Company in Delaware began experimenting to create a stronger fabric. They introduced the new material at the 1939 New York World's Fair, displayed as a giant stocking on a giant replica of a woman's leg. They named the new fabric nylon after New York, and stores quickly sold out of the new stockings.
A wooden bo can have a value as decorative stuff, but it's not considered an antique.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 50-80$.
I'm sorry if the value provided is not as high as expected but I have to be honest and professional with you so you won't loose your time and efforts.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Please, remember that I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the smiley faces showed bellow. Please, could you rate my answer so justAnswer will pay me for my time?
Thanks