Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

MY HUSBAND HAS AN 8.8 POUND CHUNK OF AMBERGRIST THAT HIS GRANDFATHER

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND HAS AN 8.8 POUND CHUNK OF AMBERGRIST THAT HIS GRANDFATHER FOUND IN TEXAS (PRE-ENDANGERED SPECIES LAW) APPROXIMATELY 1974. HE HAD IT IN THE HOARD MUSEUM IN FORT ATKINSON, WI FOR A MUNBER OF YEARS UNTIL THEY WERE REORGANIZING AND ASKED HIM TO PICK IT UP.
WE ARE WONDERING WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH AND WHERE WE COULD SELL IT.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ON JUNE 1, 2015, I ENTERED A QUESTION: MY HUSBAND HAS AN 8.8 POUND CHUNK OF AMBERGRYST THAT HIS GRANDFATHER FOUND ON THE BEACH IN TEXAS (BEFORE THE ENDANGERED SPECIES LAW) APPROX. 1974. WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IT'S VALUE AND WHERE WE MIGHT SELL IT. WE RECEIVED A REPLY FROM "NORA" THAT SHE WANTED SOME PICTURES. WHEN I GOT READY TO SEND THEM MY COMPUTER WENT DOWN. IT IS WORKING NOW, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT LOGIN INFORMATION I USED. $35.00 HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN OUT OUR CHECKING FOR AN ANSWER SO I DON'T WANT TO PAY AGAIN. PLEASE HAVE "NORA" E-MAIL ME AGAIN SO I CAN LOGIN AND SEND HER MY PHOTOS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
This is Nora.
Please send images at your convenience.
Thank you,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I can provide an estimate of value for your ambergris, however the only potential buyers, as you have seen, are overseas brokers.
~or~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
~or~
Sincerely,
Nora