Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am looking information about an oil painting perhaps

Customer Question

I am looking for more information about an oil painting perhaps of a Mexican Village. The signature is D' Olivia Dickensin. I have found some information about her, but no information on her sales or value of her paintings.
I also have a smaller pastel of a floral arrangement with a nearly illegible signature, but as close as I can get is Ramn Iva w/the date '64 under it. Both pieces belonged to my Grandparents who lived in both Kansas City and La Jolla, California.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
The artis is :
Daisy Olivia Dickinson (1901 - 1988)
Daisy Olivia Dickinson was active/lived in California. Daisy Dickinson is known for Sculptor, craftsperson, painter, lecturer.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 550-800$.
Could you provide a picture of the other piece of art?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Robert. I thought I uploaded a photo of the second piece, but apparently only one uploaded. Let me try again. Can you tell me where you found the Dickinson's work was sold at Auction?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Unfortunately, it's a private data base of past auction sales. It's a reference for all the appraisers, we pay for a subscription fee, quite high I must say, and I have access of past auction sales results. Unfortunately, I cannot share this information, sorry about this.
About this new art piece, unfortunately, due to Terms of Service of JustAnswer I can only appraise one unit in each question. Would you mind send this new art piece as a new question? It will be free as long as you are in the unlimited plan.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can, but that's why I paid the higher fee because I had two questions?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Oh, ok, well, I think we can make an exception this time, but dont tell anybody ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually think that I just paid two more times! Not enough caffeine today!
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
OK, I have just marked that question as duplicate. Could you tell me the artist and size of this other piece?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The signature is very hard to deciffer. It may be Ram (a or n) Iva. Dated '64. The work itself is 12" X 15". Did the photo come through? It is more impressionist than realist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes! Too hard to decipher. Could you inspect the back of the unit to see if there is some kind of label?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was my next plan. I'll get back to you.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Great!