Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Rosenthal mid century Peynet figurine of the two lovers

Customer Question

I have a Rosenthal mid century Peynet figurine of the two lovers sitting on the ground looking at a book together, with a pink squirrel on a stump looking on. It is similar to "Spring Song" with the male wearing the pale blue hat. The other markings on the bottom are the name Haudger . . . (can't make out the rest of the letters), the number 7010 and the number 12 embossed. I'd like to know the worth. It is in perfect condition.
Susan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
I received your images and thank you for your patience.
You have a vintage circa 1950’s porcelain figurine of two seated lovers reading together that was made by Rosenthal after a design by Raymond Peynet for their Studio Linie wares.
The word “Haudger” you mention is actually “Handgemalt” which is German for Hand Painted. Underneath that word are the initials of the studio artisan responsible for painting this, the numbers 7010 are in-house quality control numbers. The impressed 12 refers to the mold or inventory pattern number. Neither the numbers nor studio painter initials have an impact on value.
On today’s market, your vintage German Mid-Century Modern figurine designed by Peynet for Rosenthal would sell for $200 - $300. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $450.
Here is a link for you to a match that sold for $275:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rosenthal-figure-raymond-peynet-ca-244076020
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora