Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of Limoges China that we have been unable to find

Customer Question

I have a set of Limoges China that we have been unable to find the pattern name. On the back it has .J.POUYET. LIMOGES in one place. the second marking is PAT ? 3rdJAN 93
J.P.L THEN fRANCE ACROSS THE BOTTOM.
iT IS A FLORAL PATTERN IN tEAL, lIGHT YELLOW AND LIGHT ROSE. There are about 10 different flowers and no two pieces have the same combination of flowers. The three platters have gold leaf on handles as do the two covered serving bowls. The dinner plates have scalloped and fluted edges.I have about 50 pieces left including all 12 dinner plates, 10 salad plates, 6 dessert plates, 12 saucers but only 4 coffee cups. There is also a covered gravy boat, 2 relish plates but only 2 soup bowls.
Do you have any idea of the pattern name or the value of the collection?
Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
I can provide an estimate of value and a resource you can go to for helping to identify the pattern - but I cannot provide the pattern name for you.
If you would like to continue with me, then at your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora