AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a teapot or tea kettle with painted butterflies on it.

Customer Question

I have a teapot or tea kettle with painted butterflies on it. On the bottom something is en-graved, looks to be 3-4 letters...not sure. Has Deker or may Dekan above a circle with a capital PW or RW underlined with KAYARIA and a number 3 or 13 under that, Under the circle is Feinsilber (I think) or Feinsitber maybe
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.
I would need to see a photo of the teapot, and a closeup of the markings on the bottom.
There are three ways to get me photos:
1. Use the paperclip icon on the toolbar at the top of the reply bar
2. Upload them to a free site like Imgur or Photobucket, then post the link here
3. Email them to***@******.*** and ask that they forward them to AppraiserJM. Please note that this process takes around 24 hours.
Once I have the photos, I'll reply during my next scheduled time at JustAnswer.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do that when I get home Sunday. Thank you
Thank you.
Jennifer
Thank you.
This piece is by Rudolf Wachter.
Part of the wording is "Dekor Feinsilber," which means the decoration is done in silver (the metal, not the color).
This mark dates the teapot to 1928-1946.
Just the pot alone, would be valued at approximately $50.00. Typically it's a bit lower, but this is an exceptionally pretty example.
Please let me know if I can help further.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
I see you have not yet rated or accepted my answer.
How can I help you further? I'm happy to continue working with you and answer any more questions you may have about your item.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
I see you have not accepted or rated my reply. Here at JustAnswer, we Experts ***are not paid*** for our time, research, and effort until you provide us with a positive rating. As I'm sure you can understand, it's very difficult for us to continue to provide services to customers such as yourself without getting the ratings we need to be paid.
Do you have additional questions? How can I help you further?
Jennifer