Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have this peice here and was wondering if anyone new anything

Customer Question

I have this peice here and was wondering if anyone new anything about it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** you have an example of a ceremonial decorative dinner gong, generally made in India, and patterned after the larger examples...I cannot make out the name near the bottom...could you advise, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The name is ***** ***** on the tusks has tmc gidi
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update. The piece is mid to late 20th century and the signature is likely the artisan who completed the hand painting attributes, but they are not classified as listed in international guides--the piece would be classified as decor and furnishings grade rather than fine art, by the way.
At present, forms such as this retail from $125 to $225 in most all active markets.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve