Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a large picture at least 100 years old of two young

Customer Question

I have a large picture at least 100 years old of two young boys in button type boots bathing a dog in a tin wash tub.I am wondering if it is of value or the period it may be from.There is no writting of any kind on it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos of front and back - do not remove from frame, as well as dimensions.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer.The pictures were sent as requested.Hoping to hear from yo soon! Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet received any images.
Did you follow the steps in this link:
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,I inquired about my picture today and Venus at customer service said she would follow up but suggested I also drop you a note.My acctis 86747423 # ***** my order is 15312289-63 .It is of the two little boys washing a dog in a tin tub with buttons on their shoes-found in my great grandparents home.The frame is some sort of wood but has an intricate design.Thank you.***** *****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy, Please send images at your convenience. Thank you, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora I just forwarded a verification that the pictures had been recieved.Infact I also talked on the on the phone with someone that day that said tgey had receuved them and sent them to an apprasier.
Thank you
***** *****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have not yet received any images. At your convenience, please re-send. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I found the images of your framed print, would you still like to have your item assessed? ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora yes I would still like to have an answer to the pictures I sent. So glad you were able to find the prints.
Thank you,***** *****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy,
Certainly.
At your convenience, please provide the approximate dimensions.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,the frame is 26 1/2 x 22 1/2. The picture(in the frame)is 19 x 15 1/2
Thank you,
***** *****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy,
Thank you for the dimensions and for your infinite patience.
You have an antique Victorian era, circa 1890 - 1900 framed chromolithograph, or color, print. The subject matter of the boys giving their pet dog a bath in a galvanized tub is likely an advertising illustration for soap, such as Pear's which was a well-known brand at that time.
On today's market, expect to garner $175 - $250 at auction for your antique framed color print of this size. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $350.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora