Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This first item is from an estate sale. The original owner

Customer Question

This first item is from an estate sale. The original owner received this piece in South America...I am not sure what it is, it is some type of heavy metal, it has a formed cup at the top and the bottom is a 3 sided blade. It's about 11 1/2" in length. It has faces surrounding. Pictures are attached

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
Nora here.
Have you had the metal tested and do you know any further history on this piece?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not had the metal tested. The only history I have is that he traveled the world and that he got this piece from South Am. A friend of mind thinks it could have been some sort of a ritual thing where the cup would catch the blood of the victim. But I have no clue.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Patty,
I do recommend having the metal tested, which can be done at any gold or silver buyer for free.
I can recommend some dealers who specialize in South American objects and antiquities for you.
-or-
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts here.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora