Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am interested in selling a box of antique French Hand-painted

Customer Question

Hi! I am interested in selling a box of antique French Hand-painted on fabric rolls of wallpaper. Some have the English tax stamp others do not. They are basically all of similar patterns with flowers framed in a cord oblong or circle - some have flowers in a face and then a frame of flowers. They are the old slate blue, others an olive green background, and the third have backgrounds of a rust colored red. The rolls are either 31" W or 24". The backing looks like mostly linen but some look like old muslin. I don't know anything about wall paper but they are very beautiful. The paintings are gorgeous and done in oil. I bought them from an auction and they are from an estate in New York state. There are 27 or so rolls. At least two have French writing on the back sides in pencil and most have numbers of the roll. Anything you can tell me will be very helpful. Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm also wondering who buys old wallpaper like this and about how much it can be worth? I also want to mention that the patterns are Victorian.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora