Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a reverse painting that I am looking to sell and am

Customer Question

I have a reverse painting that I am looking to sell and am curious about the value. It was bought in Thailand about 25 years ago for $1000. The frame is wood with gold leaf. It is in great condition quite large. Is there an email address I can forward the picture? Is there a charge for an estimate?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Size is 34 x 24 1/4. Japanese reverse oil painting with painted background and crushed mother of pearl shell accents. The frame is solid wood, you can see planks of wood when you look at the back. Great condition but frame shows aging. Purchased at Suriwang Antiques Bangkok Thailand in 1989 for $1000. Please appraise and recommend how to sell. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Nora I would also like to mention that I was told the frame alone was worth $500 and now I just noticed a name on the boat " Murawo". I will send a picture.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard from another expert so I am assuming I will not be charged anything. If this is not the case please reply with explanation. Joan
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with your oriental art?
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you