Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have an old clock manufactured by: Manufactured by

Customer Question

I have an old clock manufactured by:
Manufactured by Waterbury Clock Company
Waterbury, Conn, USA, 134 -*****, Chicago
528 -*****, San Francisco
10 ____ andt St., New York
121 Stockwell, Glasgow
The clock is made out of oak and very beautiful, functions properly, and the keys are with it to keep it operating. On the back are the directions for setting the clock.
It does work perfectly as long as it is set on a flat surface. The ring tone rings the number of times of the hour and on the half hour it rings 1 time.
The dimensions are 21 1/2 H x 4 1/2 D x 15 W.
It has been passed down in the family for over 100 years. We were hoping you could provide us with an appraisal.
My father-in-law died on February 23, 2015. My husband and I are adding an addition on to our house to move my mother-in-law in with us. She is a wonderful lady and loves us deeply. This is her clock to would like to sell to make some money. We hope you can provide us with an appraisal.
Thanks,
Lynn, Steve and Rena XXXXXX
XXX XXX XXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help! You have what is called a golden oak cased gingerbread mantle clock which dates to around 1890 to 1920. At present, the typical retail for a working example in very good condition ranges from $150 to $300 pending actual condition and demand at any given time. Most seem to sell around $175-225 when in working order and the insurance replacement value would be the upper end of the range ($300). Here are examples of MANY variants (there are over 100 generic styles of the same form) from the internet site, eBay, for example:
-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281680233385?lpid=82&chn=ps
-
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve