Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Diana, I'd like an appraisal on an RCA Victrola. I've got

Customer Question

Hi Diana, I'd like an appraisal on an RCA Victrola. I've got pictures in an email. Can I send them to you that way? Lisa
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lisa.
Thanks for requesting me. I'll be glad to help.
Does your Victrola have a tag or plate on it? Those usually show the model number and serial number.
You can email the pictures to***@******.***
They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.
That should do it.
Thanks,
Diana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Diana, I'll e-mail the photos now. I did not see a tag or plate with serial numbers but their is a photo tag with the dog. I also tried to do some online research and I believe the item is from the Gramophone Company Ltd, and is not a Victor-Victrola from the Victor Talking Machine Co. I believe it is from the 1920's. Would like to know if the above is correct, more about the quality of this phonograph compared to the VTM, condition of the item, if the finish has been re-done, etc. I have an appointment to view the item tomorrow, Friday May 29 and would like to go prepared. Thanks so much, Lisa. My e-mail is***@******.*** in case you do not receive the photos at justanswer.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lisa.
Thanks for sending the pictures. I'll be glad to help in whatever way I can. It may take a few hours to get them forwarded to me, but I'll let you know as soon as I do.
~Diana