Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I was given my Grandmothers silver coffee service. The stamp

Customer Question

I was given my Grandmothers silver coffee service. The stamp on the bottom is Standard S Co. International S Co. 8/97 Electroplate Hand Engraved. i can not find any information on the internet about this pattern. I would love to get any information available on it.
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Your antique silver plated coffee set would have been produced by the Standard Silver Company in Toronto, Ontario Canada under the auspices of the International Silver Company circa 1897.
The International silver company was a conglomerate of silver companies a large portion of which joined the business in 1897.
The Standard Silver Company produced undertake auspices of the International Silver Company from 1893-1912.
For the most part their pieces did not have pattern names, rather they were documented by the numbers. Unfortunately this would be one of those sets.
In the current market you silver-plated coffee set would have a retail value of 125-150USD in excellent condition.
It looks as if the coffee pot has a bro***** *****d which would heavily detract from the resale value up to 30% of the values presented.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your antique coffee set.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.