Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE A COLLECTION OF ANTIQUITTIS (29 PIECES + CERTICATES

Customer Question

I HAVE A COLLECTION OF ANTIQUITTIS (29 PIECES + CERTICATES & PHOTOS). I WOULD
LIKE TO SELL THE COLLECTION. WHERE DO I START. ARLENE
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. As a general rule today, the larger auction houses set a minimum of around $1,500 each on smalls and $5,000 each on art so it may not be something they would consider for inclusion at this point in time. The wise choice of direction would be to assemble images of all you have, plus images of any documentation, and forward them as a lot to:
http://www.sothebys.com/en/buysell/overview.html
https://www.christies.com/services/auction-estimates/
In the event they do NOT want to sell them due to the individual values noted above, you have several other auction houses which will generally accept quality add ons, such as Heritage in Dallas, for example.
If you can advise where you are (city and state only, please) I can check to see if there are any premium auction houses in your region as well that should be contacted.
With kind regards,
Steve