Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a 24"x65" lacquer on wood Vietnamese painting acquired

Customer Question

We have a 24"x65" lacquer on wood Vietnamese painting acquired approx. 25 years ago. The subject matter is horses with a man on horseback entering a group of trees. There are several cartouche in both the upper right and lower left corners with another in the upper left. If we sent a photo of the painting and close-ups of the cartouches, could the artist be identified and it be worth having it appraised?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no tool bar with a paper clip icon, how do I send the photos?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filed a request on May 27 and sent photos on June 7 to Nora. When should I expect a response on these photos? Thank you. Anne Ross
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anne,
I have not yet received any images.
When you sent them, you should have receive a confirmation that they arrived and would be forwarded to me.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
Thank you for the images.
I am not able to identify this for you.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any recommendations for identifying this art within your organization or any other company?