Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have 3 antiques music boxes--a Regina which plays large

Customer Question

I have 3 antiques music boxes--a Regina which plays large metal discs with little "catches" on the bottom that run over sprockets much like the little modern day cheap music boxes; an Edison Amberola that plays cylindrical records; and an upright Edison that plays the old thick records. And I have records and discs for each of these 3. Are they worth anything (I know the condition of each is significantly contribution factor in pricing)? If so, where might I look further for disposal of them? I live in northern Ill.
Wayne XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Do you see any visible serial numbers on the maker tags?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the Amberola (the cylindrical player) is SM 28381. On the Regina are the numbers 15316; on the upright victrola is Model # ***** and Serial # ***** I can find no other numbers or identifying symbols on any of these 3.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Of the three, the Regina clearly rules the roost as far as value. It should retail easily in the $1,500 range and possibly more as they seem to stay in demand.
The Amberola should go for $300 to $500 and the Upright, $150 to $200.
You can generally add around $3-5 each for records and discs and $15-35 each for Regina discs.
An up and coming venue for sale which seems to be performing well is the internet site Lofty.com based in New York. They market your goods for you and even arrange shipping, so certainly worthy of consideration.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve