Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have some items of vintage furniture I can no long house.

Customer Question

I have some items of vintage furniture I can no long house. How do I sell it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
There are several ways to sell your furniture. You can go through a local antique shop or local auction houses. Pawn shops are good for an outright cash sale.
A shop takes in inventory to sell for a profit, so they will offer you a percentage of the price at which they may be able to sell to a willing buyer someday.
An auction house will take a percentage of whatever the end sale price may be.
Another option would be to list your items on Craigslist yourself at a fair price. Craigs is free and they do not take a fee, so that is where you will make the most out of the end price.
Online auction options would be Ebay, Etsy & Chairish. Though bear in mind, those options involve packing and shipping.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora