Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My cherry pegged early 19C huntboard and my solid walnut bench

Customer Question

my cherry pegged early 19C huntboard and my solid walnut bench were destroyed in a house fire. The form of the furniture is still there, but they are completely charred and have what is called an alligator surface where the damage is. All I need is for someone to look at them and tell me what I can get for insurance. How should I approach this? Should i take them to an appraiser and have him/her take a look and see what a "replacement value" is?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The huntboard was solid cherry and had wooden pegs for nails. I know the type of wood makes a big difference. Also the walnut bench was solid, and I know the actual bench is one solid piece of walnut, which is 20" deep. I know that's unusual for a seat art of a bench.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean "a seat part" of the bench
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send either current or before photos of these pieces.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora