Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a pastel of a charles Cornelius Saville a Colonel

Customer Question

i have a pastel of a charles Cornelius Saville a Colonel in the British Army in India. He died in 1858. I would like to find out more about this gentleman or the pastel artist
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just received a fraud letter on my charge. this possible could be i used wrong number on back it should read 089
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try and send picture. do not want to take it out of frame. send pictures where?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Please do NOT remove your picture from frame.
For photo sharing, If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a photo and find no way to send same to you. I cannot find the toolbar referred to. May I fax this photo to you? If so, please give me a fax number? If not, can I mail same to you?
Fran
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fran,
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received your message and photo.
By chance can your provide an image of the back side (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close up of the surface so I can see the texture.
Being pastel, is this framed under glass with a spacer?
As well, what information are you seeking on the sitter in this portrait 'Charles Cornelius Saville'?
~Nora