Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 4 pieces of Belleek - a cup and saucer, sugar bowl,

Customer Question

I have 4 pieces of Belleek - a cup and saucer, sugar bowl, creamer. They appear to have the "Fourth Mark"1946-55 on the bottom. They look like seashells (sort of similar to the "Limpet" pattern, but without the pink banding) with a very slight goldish shiny wash on the interior of the cup/bowl/creamer; the same in the center of the saucer and the cup's handle only. The cup and creamer handles look like strands of coral or perhaps kelp?? the cup has two small conch or whelk shells for feet (so it doesn't sit very well onto the saucer). They are each numbered under the mark .. REG No 0857 and have C.O. FERMANAGH IRELAND on the banner under BELLEEK which is under the wolfhound/castle/Irish harp above the banner; there might also be shamrocks just above that banner.... The lower part of the mark which is a circle, has SANTA INCIANNA (maybe??) written in an ark above what appears to be some sort of two-sided knot.
What have I got? Thanks .... KMB
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora