rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 1907 twenty dollar coin, can you tell me about what

Customer Question

I have a 1907 twenty dollar coin, can you tell me about what it's worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I can tell you the value of this coin. I need to know if you have a profile bust (called a Double Eagle) on the front or a full body of a lady carrying a torch and a branch (called a St. Gaudens). Also, right under the eagle (if it is a double eagle coin) , is there a D or an S under the eagle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has roman numerals instead of a date . full body on front and no d or s under eagle
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a 1907 St.Gaudens 20.00 gold coin with Arabic Numerals. It is called the St.Gaudens coin because that is the name of the designer who designed the coin. There were only 361,667 minted. This coin has a current value of 1625 to 1800.00 depending on condition.
There were also some experimental proofs minted in this year, but those are very rare and worth 2.5 million. It is unlikely that you would have one of these.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Let's close this question out by having you click the stars.
It was a pleasure working with you and if you'd like me again, just start a new question and putCustomeras the first word.