rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I recently received five antique dolls only one is marked she

Customer Question

I recently received five antique dolls only one is marked she is aSchoenhut patent January 7, 1911 Spring jointed real hair dressed in original clothing. I live in Winston Salem North Carolina where could I have her restored? What would be a fair appraisal for
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Your doll was made by Alfred Schoenhut. He was from Germany, but moved to the US in 1872 to start his toy factory in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In 1911, he was awarded the patent for his dolls that were called All Wood Perfection Art Dolls. She has an all wood head, wig hair, compressed metal spring joints and there should be two holes in the soles of the feet that allow the doll to be posed standing. These dolls have a value of 595-795.00 with original clothing.