Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Do you know if there is any antigue value to 1981 First Annual

Customer Question

Do you know if there is any antigue value to 1981 First Annual Collector's edition of the Authentic Canvas Calendar from Hummel. It was produced by Verlag Ars Sacra in Munich.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If yes do you know roughly what these would sell for individually?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to leave. Can you send your response to my email account as well as this page?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
Technically, by definition in the U.S. an antique is any object 100 years old or older. Hence, your calendar is still 'vintage' and not yet antique.
Your vintage 1981 calendar featuring Hummel images has a replacement value of $45 on today's market.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts are not permitted to exchange personal contact information with customers, so I personally cannot send a copy of this response direct to your email address - however a message may arrive to your email through justanswer.com
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where did you find the market rate of $45 per calendar.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
The insurance or replacement value is $45 and that was determined from the past sales records of comparables which can be found on worthpoint.com - a paid member site used by dealers and appraisers.
~Nora