rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I was wondering if you could help me identify this tea set

Customer Question

I was wondering if you could help me identify this tea set and how much it is worth. Thank you, Nikki
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the photo you requested...thanks! Nikki
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nikki,
Thank you for the image.
Could you please clarify what information you seek in terms of identifying the set?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wanting to know where you could go to find similar sets and how much it is worth.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I can provide an estimate of value, however I would not be able to source a similar set for you.
If you like, I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts. There is not an additional cost to do so.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess my question is if you dont have a comparable set, how can you come up with an accurate estimated value?Thanks, Nikki
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
At this juncture, I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is an espresso cup and saucer gift set that was sold by the Dar Al Hayda Sharkiya Est, a trading company that sources items from China to the Middle East, meaning they did not make the set but they can put their name on the set because they are selling it to other companies. This set was likely sold/retailed in Turkey or Saudi Arabia. This is similar to the site Alibaba now (they act as a trading company), where you can find espresso gift sets for 45.00 each that are made in China. Your set, because of the more modern logo and registered trademark, would date anytime from 1980's to now, though the type styles and logo design are giving an early 90's styling.It would be impossible to find more of the exact same set because this is a small trading company selling to a small niche market, but you can find gift espresso or demitasse sets in boxes quite easily. I hope that gives some clarity on what you have.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Let's close this question out by having you click the stars.
It was a pleasure working with you and if you'd like me again, just start a new question and putCustomeras the first word.