rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Roseville Blue Pinecone Vase 711-10, about 11 inches

Customer Question

I have a Roseville Blue Pinecone Vase 711-10, about 11 inches tall. It has a small surface chip along the rim. Is it worth my while to have it restored to sell or can it be sold as is?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Your Roseville Pottery vase in the blue Pinecone pattern could be sold with the chip.This vase was made between 1935 and 1940 and is one of the more rare patterns and blue has the highest value. The value is 300 to 350 with the chip based on value book, however, this vase has garnered particular raise in value recently. I think your vase has an actual value of 700-900 with the chip. There are some in perfect condition being sold for 1000 to 1390.00 currently. People generally do not want to see a restoration, so leaving the chip is actually better.