Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Diana I have 34 pieces of Adderley blue chelsea Does

Customer Question

Hi Diana I have 34 pieces of Adderley blue chelsea Does it have value? How do I sell it. It is in perfect condition. All the backs have the same stamp but a couple are different. I also have four plates that almost look the same but have a small embossed beading around the outside. Not stamped in back. Great granny was born in 1900 so these dishes have been around for a while.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing us and requesting me.

My name is ***** ***** I'd like to see if I can help.
That sounds like you might have a few pieces from both version. One was smooth and the other did have some embossing to parts of the design. You see it more on pieces like plates and some of the serving pieces.
It definitely has value. The marks won't matter as much because the value doesn't change much from one year it was made to the next. The more important question is about what you have. Can you give me a list of exactly what you have and which pieces are embossed or not? that will make the biggest difference in your value.
Thanks!
Diana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do, but now I have packed it all away and going out of town for three days. I will get back Wednesday. Thanks
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
Sorry I'm just getting back to you. I've been in the path of all those storms and have been without power. So, there's no rush on my end. =) Take your time and I'll be glad to help whenever you're ready.
~Diana
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
Thank you for the pictures. I just got them. =)
I want to double check the pieces with you:
5 Extra larger dinner plates
5 dinner plates
2 salad plates
7 bread and butter plates
7 saucers
3 cups
4 bowls
salt and pepper set
Just to be sure, which four have the little beading along the edge?
~Diana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 bread and butter plates. None of them have marking on back. I will be where the dishes are on sataurday and can send pictures of them.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
That sounds great. Thank you. I'll take a look at these and I look forward to seeing more photos over the weekend.
~Diana