Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have my deceased mom's doll. She was born 1927. Would have

Customer Question

I have my deceased mom's doll. She was born 1927. Would have to be a 1930's doll. It's a 22" Ideal doll--with stamp on back of neck. Real hair. Stuffed torso, but legs and arms become real looking. Head and hair in good shape! Main body excellent condition. Legs peeling. One arm off but I have it. Fingers in bad shape. Have original clothing, minus one shoe and sock. (clothing tattered and dirty) Is it worth anything? How can I tell exactly what doll it is? I have searched online and taken it to doll shop in SLC, Utah. I don't want to toss it should parts be useful to someone or should it have any worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora