Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a Claw Foot Table while over a 100 years old. The base

Customer Question

I have a Claw Foot Table while over a 100 years old. The base spreads apart to accept 3 leafs. We have six matching chairs. It is in perfect condition. Also the legs have casters. What might the value be..
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Could you post images, please? I assume oak?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not right now...Yes it's oak
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
I understand...if the chairs have metal casters (generally brass wheels in iron frames), the set likely dates from the late Victorian era and is more than likely English in origin, dating not much earlier than around 1880 and not much later than the 1920s.
As such, the typical open market value is from $850 to $1,250 on the table and $65-125 each on the chairs, pending actual condition and demand at any given time. Tables are generally judged by the surface top, meaning if it has water circles or iron oxide stains, the value will be closer to the lower end of the range. If the top is near flawless, it will be near the top.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve