Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Good morning....I have two impressionist oil paintings, one

Customer Question

Good morning....I have two impressionist oil paintings, one by B. Major, framed especially for Macy's way back in the day, and the other by an artist I can only identify as Martin.
Please , what can you tell me about Major's piece,Autumn Black Forest and who is the artist Martin. I've had these for oh, gosh.....about 30 years now and it's only now that I even thought about inquiring into them.
Thank you in advance for your time. I am anxious and interested in anything you may be able to tell me about them.
Respectfully,
Ginny Moore ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's not too much extra bother, can you tell me about when each of these may have been painted?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora