Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a teddy bear that was give to my father (born 1911)

Customer Question

I have a teddy bear that was give to my father (born 1911) and my grandmother said it was one of the first teddy bears made. I don't think it is a bear as is often seen on Antique Roadshow (Steiff?) as it doesn't have anything on its ear. However, it has a growler and I've never seen one on AR with a growler mentioned. The growler would often wear out and my father (as an adult) would fix it. Am just wondering who might have made it and when. (There's more to the story but it doesn't apply to the maker or time).
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Most bears in that era were manufactured in Germany, by the way--if you could post an image of it with a close up of the paws, pads and eyes, I can likely tell you a lot more!
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question wasn't answered. I am still trying to find someone who can send you a picture as requested. I already knew the little you told me. Seems a waste of money, doesn't it when you only allow a small amount of time to determine an answer. Should I still try to send you a picture or would that coast me another $35 or so? Donna Fangsrud ***@******.***