Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Cranach painting or lithograph and it ie done on wood.

Customer Question

I have a Cranach painting or lithograph and it ie done on wood. It was found in an old attic. Its of a lady and boy on the back is line no. 1507L frame no. 582 Orn-MD-104-270 order no.S-4 . The painting is done in gold,red and white and black. It was German Renaissance. You can see the wood grain in the faces. He painted in the the 1500s. I have no ides how to tell if its a painting or not, as the paint soakes into wood. Thankyou Judy It measures in the frame 25x35.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.
Good day Judy, my name is***** am a Certified Appraiser specializing in Fine Art and Decorative Art. Is it possible for you to send clear images of the painting front and back. You can send them to***@******.*** attention Tim in appraisals.