Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What assessment would you put on a wood-carved Prince of Wales

Customer Question

What assessment would you put on a wood-carved Prince of Wales couch. In wood, the carving includes his portrait, his plumes and tudor roses? The base is wood and the legs are carved in wood. It is a 3-cushion sofa but it does need re-upholstering. At the moment it is rosy-pink brushed velvet.
Is the 'Prince of Wales' Edward VIII; or an earlier Prince of Wales, if so which one?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Could you post an image, please? And any tags or markings under the cushions, perhaps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't got a photograph yet, but I will ask my daughter or son to photograph the wooden carving in the middle of the back of the sofa; then I will get her to scan it and will have it in My Pictures. Please be patient! I have noted your name, Steven-R, and I will get back to you. Thank you.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** rush at all on my part...glad to help at any point in time!
With kind regards,
Steve