Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Haywood Hardy painting in a beautiful old wooden

Customer Question

hello, I have a Haywood Hardy painting in a beautiful old wooden frame with a horse whip attached to the frame On the lower right side of the frame it is etched "thoroughbred" how can I know if it is an original or replica? and if by chance it is an original how would I find its worth? it belonged to my grandparents and I don't know its history, they have a home LOADED with antiques and antique clocks, art, etc thank you so much, I do have photos if that would help
-Kristen Allen
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
-or-
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Nora,
here is one image I have. Later today I will try to get a better image of his name. The frame And whip is just so striking to me.
I will get a clearer image soon. Thanks
-Kristen
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
At your convenience, may I please know the approximate size of this.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ugh I was so busy today I completely forgot to measure it. I will do it first thing tomorrow. I did try to get some closer images of the print I kept getting a glare which is annoying. I'll send u the siege tomorrow. Promise.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks!