Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique cherry slant top federal type desk that was

Customer Question

I have an antique cherry slant top federal type desk that was made in Mass. in 1760 and "wounded" in the battle of Lexington when a rifle ball lodged in the slant front. It was repaired in Somerville, MA in 1900. It has its original brasses, but needs some restoration to the feet and drawer slides. The cherry is in good condition and has a beautiful patina. I bought it in mid-1987 for $4300. I am wondering what it would sell for today and whether there is much demand for this type of antique? Any information you could provide would be most welcome. Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora