Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a table that has a stamp on the underside from Saginaw

Customer Question

I have a table that has a stamp on the underside from Saginaw furn shops, inc - XIV Mahogany Stock No. 7105; it's described as an occasional wood table with leaf type but is distinctly a Duncan Phyfe type - I have refinished it with a dark stain - what should I sell it for?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.

Can you send me a picture of this?.
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !

Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.
.
.
.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.

.

Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.

Glenda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent a picture in the original question that I asked. Plus, the whole $38 was deducted from my Paypal account which is NOT the way you said this would work. The ad said it would cost $5 to ask the question and then $33 would be charged if I was satisfied with the answer. This correspondence here is too convoluted to even try to figure out. I should not have to go to other sites to download a picture to send to you. Why can't you just supply an e-mail address that I can attach the pictures to in the normal way? I am not happy with this whole situation.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

I have no idea what the site told you when you asked the question. I am not an employee of the site, the appraisers come to the site to answer questions that customers post there. We have nothing to do with any policies the site has with a customer. We simply answer questions, then after we answer we are compensated by the site when the customer rates us.
.
I am sorry you have to go through trouble to upload a image. I can supply you this email if you need to send it. I mentioned an email in the post above so if you needed it you could use it.
.
Here it is again.

Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.

.

.

.