Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a original paint from J HowardRabby and on the back,

Customer Question

I have a original paint from J HowardRabby and on the back, it is signed and dated 1970. the name is "Rasberrys on a Golden Day"
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The name is*****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Without the frame, the painting is 8" X 22" Tall.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me an email. I tried to send it from my email and the address will not take it
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have not heard back from anyone. Have they reviewed the picture?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet received any images of your picture.
When you emailed the photos, did you receive a confirmation email back that states they received them and will forward to me?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I did receive a confirmation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My confirmation went to the email address of my phone which is different. ***@******.***
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
I will let you know when they arrive to me.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait to hear back from you.
Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Certainly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received an email from customer support names Katie and she said I never gave a credit card and opened an account. Can you check on this. I did give a credit card last night and was stated that they will charge 5.00 and the rest after I get my information. I also filled out my name and address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just called my credit card company and no charges have be process from you all. What do I need to do??
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is getting to be too much.Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
I received your images and thank you for your patience.
Your vintage mid-century modern original heavy impasto, palette knife painting was done by American artist “Jim” Rabby from Texas/New Mexico.
On today’s market your tall panel floral still life painting would carry an auction estimate of $500 - $800. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $2000.
If interested in selling this, the best route would be through auction. It is free to contact auction houses and get an estimate for sale. You can contact each auction house through their website. You will send them photos and information. You would not be obligated to sell with any of them. Please bear in mind that estimates will vary from each business, and that the highest estimate is not necessarily a guarantee of a sale.
Here is a list I have made for you of the auction companies who have handled works by this artist:
Simpson Galleries ***** Suite #1
Houston, TX 77057 (###) ###-####***@******.***
www.simpsongalleries.com
Morton Auctioneers & Appraisers *****
Houston, TX (###) ###-####***@******.***
www.mortonhouston.com
HAC-Houston Auction Company *****
www.houstonauctionco.com
Clark's Fine Art Gallery & Auctioneers Inc
Clark Cierlak Fine Arts *****space A
Sherman Oaks, CA 91411 (###) ###-####***@******.***
clarkart.com
New Orleans Auction Galleries Inc
333 St. Joseph Street
New Orleans, LA 70130 (###) ###-####***@******.***
www.neworleansauction.com
Contact all of them, if possible for you, regardless of the company location. This will also help you get a consensus opinion on the value and estimates. Approach each one as if you are interested in selling through them. Auction houses take a percentage of the final sale price, so it is in their best interest to sell it for a premium bid.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora