Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Gateleg table: possibly 1700's George III?

Customer Question

Hi. I'm trying to determine age and maker of a gateleg table that was passed down to me.

I would also like to get an estimated value.

Thank you!

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field. I am happy to help.

Do you have additional images of the sides of the table and legs. How does this look opened up and are there any joinery images that we can see?

This first image attached well so I suspect that you could attach a few more. However if you have issues we can use email as the team will forward images to me. Just let me know.

Our email is *****@******.*** - "Kim D. in Antiques" in the subject line will help them find me.

Lastly what is the provenance on this piece? and are you open?

I have some initial thoughts on the period looking at the legs, shape of the feet and turnings but often patrons are set on a certain answer.

Images will help greatly but I want to make sure that you are interested in a full answer. This is a beautiful piece and would have good value whether extremely early or not.

What is the condition too?

Thank you for the additional help.