Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an eight place setting luncheon set with platter, cream

Customer Question

I have an eight place setting luncheon set with platter, cream and sugar and 8 cups and saucers. No chips or cracks. 24 carat gold with platinum center with man, fence and woman in old time clothes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try to get a young person over here to help send the photos. I have them but don't know how to do that especially with this computer acting up. I also have an Oriental carved table 29" by 29" with deep carving on the top, sides and legs (which fold down for storage and 4 small stools that also have carving, not on the top. There are 4 drawers, small, one on each side of table. I also have 2 antique lamps and another 2 lamps with silver bottoms and cut glass main part - one of which is a pitcher.
Do you have folks who can appraise these as well? Thanks for your time. Will try to get back as soon as I can get help with this young persons machine.
Sincerely,
Pat Yates
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have an album which my great aunt put together with old time movie stars, most all are signed and 8" by 10" on a nice satin style material, not glossy, excpet Mae West's photo. Have many of these in good shape.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pat,
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
I would be happy to help you with your additional items, however I only handle one object or matched set per question thread here.
When you post a new question, please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pat,
I will need to see images of the set you would like to have assessed.
Thank you,
Nora