rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a painting by Frank Laikner ...Garden Melodies could

Customer Question

I have a painting by Frank Laikner ...Garden Melodies could you tell me the date it was painted and if it is worth anything ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora my painting is 24x38...no frame....I do not have a way to send photo ...can you just give me a rough estimate please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your response...you took my money and now you are not replying to my second question ...
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
In order for me to assess what you have, I would really need to see the item.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not told that I needed to show a picture...I have no way of posting one ..I would not have asked a question had I know I had to post a picture...that sucks Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
The artist Frank Lackner painted this piece called Garden Melodies and The Illinois Moulding Company made prints and framed the prints in 1939. The prints have a value of 50 to 100.00. There is one on Ebay where a person is asking 750.00, but that is not someone dealing in reality.
Your piece will look like this one, likely with a different frame.
http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/framed-print-garden-melodies-by-frank-lackne-624-c-f8c40626c0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-LOVERS-IN-COURTYARD-FRAMED-PRINT-FRANK-LACKNER-/321753282531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae9fd77e3