Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am the owner of the Crucifix, Guido Reni Bisque that they have been

Customer Question

I am the owner of the Crucifix, Guido Reni Bisque that they have been looking for,Boehm has no record of it, yes, but they no it is out there, and at this time in my life I am looking to sell it. Can you help me)
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no toolbar allowing me to attach photos. Any other ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I just saw the way to add files. Here are the photos.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Can you please clarify the story of this crucifix for me.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clarify the story of the cross , it is in many of the books, by Reese Palley. Or the "Mysterious" peace that they no is out there and not found yet. Perhaps a phone call would be in order. what I would write would not fit this page or any other, if it is the truth you seek. Kathy ......***-***-****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathy,
Experts here are not permitted to exchange personal contact information with customers and thus your number has been censored on this end.
At this juncture, I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** look forward to hearing from a Antique Expert. And some one with the knowledge in regards ***** ***** Porcelain Art and the work by Edward Marshall Boehm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello : I am waiting to hear from an Antique Expert, that was requested by one of your employees . and I have yet to hear from some one in regards ***** ***** Crucifix Guido Reni that I have. Looking forward to hearing from some one soon I hope. Thank you. Mrs Kathleen L. Cushing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You asked for: Clarify the Story of the Crucifix: In the Book by Reese Palley: Porcelain Art of Edward Marshall Boehm: Page 177. in regards ***** ***** RPC-621-02 Crucifix, GUIDO RENI. Will read as following. Only four of the Guido Reni Crucifix exist and one is known to be in color.(Although it is believed to have a bisque , there is no proof. in records at the Studio, they are incomplete, and we have never been able to discover where the piece is, Wherever it is , it is a unique and valuable Boehm sculpture. The peace was given to my Mother in the early 60's and was given to me around 1964 if I remember right. I lived in Lexington Ky at the time and took it to a very will none Jewelery and Antique dealer at that time, he new of Mrs Boehm, she picked those she wanted to carry her husbands work. You see, my Mother was the first person to work for him and I new him and spent time with him when I was very young, he wanted children, but she was not that kind of person. My Mother and Edward spent a great deal of time together, in regards ***** *****'s work and I as a young adult went to work for him also, and became a good friend and and mother of Frank that work for Edward also. The work at the time of the Crucifix, Mr Boehm brought in a gentleman from Germany . and I say that only because my mother was German, and she could translate to him what Mr Boehm want the Crucifix to look like. And Edward was always looking for Perfection in any work he did. Mother would often make meals for this gentleman and spend off hrs talking to him at our home. And how did this peace become my Mothers, He made it for her with he's Blessing and Edwards as well. Edward and my Mother were very close, Yes it was to be done in color, but Mother and Edward agreed the Bisque finish was unique, and been ( The Mysterious piece that they have been trying to locate for a long time. I hope this gives you what you are looking for. Kathleen L.Cushing