rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

General price Wedgewood jasper and white urn/vase with

Customer Question

General price for a Wedgewood jasper and white urn/vase with cap. Blue and white striped body, mounted on a square base with a flower and leafs, two white handles on the top with bows and 'fabric' design above stripes. The cap on the top has a ball with leaf design. Stamped Wedgewood on the bottom collectors tag references circa 1840.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
The third major innovation for which Wedgwood is remembered was Jasper Ware, which has been described as the most important invention in the history of ceramics since the discovery of porcelain. It took Wedgwood years of experimentation to perfect his design for this unglazed stoneware with the uncanny ability to be both durable and delicate, and to take colours so evenly throughout its surface. Jasper can be almost any colour, although the most famous examples are are pale or dark blue and white.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 200-280$.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!