rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

According to research on internet this painting we painted

Customer Question

According to research on internet this painting we painted in 1896 and Signed Maud Earl /96. Under his signiture is "Toronto Lithographing Co. Ltd." The name of painting is called "What we have we'll hold". Any idea what it's worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Maud Earl was active/lived in New York and England (1864-1943) and was known for her paintings of dogs and other animals. This piece is a print, however, and not an original painting because of the words of the lithographing company printed on the piece. This is a known painting of Dimboola, a champion English Bulldog on the British flag. The original painting is 30 inches x 42 inches and sold in 2009 at Christie's in London for 37,100 us dollars. A lithograph of this painting has a current value of 100.00 us dollars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have a very old picture
Grand canyon - signed Moran 1892 very old print? What would that be worth
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 years ago.
This piece would be by Thomas Moran (1837-1926). He was known for landscape and maritime painting and was from Pennsylvania and California though he painted landscapes in many states. His original paintings of the Grand Canyon have auction records as high as 12 million dollars! They are printing his work still to this day on canvas and paper. A paper print of one of his Grand Canyon pieces is worth 150.00 if there is no damage. The painting was created in 1892, but I do not think it was printed then. It is more likely that is has been printed within the last 50 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can photos be attached to this service
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Yes, you can attach pictures by using the paper clip icon in the box where you type back to me. This feature works best on desktop computers. If you do not see it, then you can send emailed pics to *****@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Takes longer this way.

We are asked to only appraise one item per question (you got a freebie today), so if you have more, please start a new question and putCustomeras the first word so that it will be saved for me.