rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have several antique paper weights, how do I or where can

Customer Question

We have several antique paper weights, how do I or where can we go to find out what their worth is. We live in Lakeland, FL
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We also have a table that was given to our grand parents in the early 1900. We are selling these things because my medicine cost $5,000.00 each month so we are running out of money
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I understand about needing money to buy your medications and I am so sorry that it has brought you to have to do this.
Most paper weights are marked/etched with a maker, dates, shape number on the bottom. Let me know if you see anything on them. Photos would be great so that I could give you a preliminary idea of what to expect. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon in the box where you type back to me. This feature works best from a desktop computer.
If you just want to know where to sell these things, my best advice is to consign them to an auction house. They do all of the work, take a 10 to 20% commission and usually pay anywhere from 2 weeks to 45 days after the auction. The auctioneers in Lakeland do not have great reputations, so I am directing you to Burns-White Galleries in Tampa(###) ###-#### ***** have auctions at their place and are also live online at the same time, so the buyers are from all over the world.
http://www.burnswhitegalleries.com/