Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a "Little Orphan Annie-The Big Little Book" by Harold

Customer Question

I have a "Little Orphan Annie-The Big Little Book" by ***** *****. It was published by Co., in Racine Wisconsin. Copyright 1928. The Spine is gone. The pages have yellowed, however all 318 of them are all in tack. I was wondering what these books appraised for
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
When dealing with antiquarian or collectible books, condition plays a major role in the resale value. Collectors are looking for top quality issues with the least amount of damage. Soiling, staining, binding damage, cover damage, or torn pages would result in a drop in value.
With that being said, your 1928 "Little Orphan Annie- The Big Book" written by ***** ***** and published by Whitman Publishing Company, Racine, WI would have a resale value of 25-35USD in good to excellent condition.
Without the spine, unfortunately the value would drop quite a bit, putting the book closer to the 5-8USD range as a realistic resale value.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Best of luck with your vintage Little Orphan Annie Book.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.