Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Have a red wood secretary style desk with swan inlay on front

Customer Question

Have a red wood secretary style desk with swan inlay on front has sticker showing fine arts Singapore also has secret compartment. Help me identify plz
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help--but I am unsure what you are asking. Could you post a close up of the decal and also with the front open, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currious of the value, I can't find anything about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.b
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** for the delay...I was called out of town on business and just now returned. The piece is Malaysian but made in the form of a Chinese boudoir desk. The thin, stamped mounts show it was commercially manufactured after the 1930s era, and more likely after WWII. At present, the typical retail pending actual condition and demand ranges from $450 to $850 in most active markets.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve