rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a unusual painting signed m valentinni purchaserd in

Customer Question

i have a unusual painting signed m valentinni purchaserd in italym 30years ago
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I would love to help. Add a photo (straight on, not at angle) of the painting, the back, and a closer view of the signature. You can do this on a desktop computer using the paper clip icon in the box where you type back to me. Let me know if you have any trouble sending pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This artist is not a listed artist in any of the databases for known and famous artists. However, I did find another M.Valentini from 1964 for sale on an Italian antiques site. It is expressionist work just like yours and the signature is a definite match. It is likely that this was a local street artist in Italy in the early to mid 60's and is known better there. My best advice to get a value on your piece would be to contact this website that is selling his work and inquire about the price on the piece they have and maybe more about the artist. Note: the site says Dipinto M. Valentini -Dipinto means painting /painter and is not a first name. Here is the website:
http://www.marcopoloitalia.com/en/antiques/1967-dipinto-m-valenti-64.html